Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Green-Eyed ...

Smoothie!!


So I thought I'd try a little experiment with the growing in popularity, green smoothie.  Let's just say, the results were delicious, but didn't look the best.  In my quest to make my first Green Smoothie a winning smoothie, I did what any diligent, dedicated cook would do.  I went to Pinterest!

Here's a little sample of what I found when I searched, "green smoothie"...

Green Tea Green Smoothie
Mmmmmm.....
Green Smoothie- "Green Monster"
And who wouldn't want a taste of this green emerald liquid.





Alas, I couldn't find a recipe that I thought sounded good so I did what I do with most of my smoothies...I improvised!  Here is what my smoothie consisted of....

*Lemon Yogurt (leftovers from my 14 month old's dinner)
*Frozen raspberries
*Frozen strawberries, mangoes, peaches, and pineapple (from the Sam's bag I've had in my freezer for no joke, 3 years)
*Organic Vitamin D milk (I didn't really have any other liquids)
*A little bit of strawberry sorbet (because it was there)
and the piece de resistance....  SPINACH (fresh, because the frozen stuff totally grosses me out).

Again the end result was delicious, but it looked a little like this...

So it's a little brown, with green flecks....who is even looking?

Anyway, if you're like me and need to eat more veggies, I highly highly highly recommend this, you taste the spinach but not much.  It may not be pretty but it's pretty good for you.  Aaannnddd that was lame :)

Pace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment