Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7 Weeks


So I was on vacation last week and didn’t have an opportunity to update for 6 weeks.  Since there really isn’t a huge difference between 7 and 6, I’ll just make one. 

 

I did tell The Bage about CJ.  I waited a day and ended up taking the pregnancy test and putting it in a gift bag with tissue paper.  On top of the test I wrote on a little index card, “Hi Daddy! Love, CJ”

 

He stood there for about 30 seconds (which if you’ve ever done public speaking you know is a long time!) with his mouth open staring at me.  It was kind of comical.  He asked me something that I would find inappropriate to type on here but I answered in the affirmative to the fact that yes, I’m pregnant. 

 

He, like me, took a little while to get acclimated to the idea.  At first I thought he was kind of upset but I just reminded myself that I was a little shocked and I’m the one who it’s happening too (therefore have been experiencing weird things for a little while and at lease had an inkling).  Anyway, he’s a guy and while is a sensitive guy, like most guys, he’s not the most perceptive on all those little things.

 

Anyway, we’re really excited and can’t believe I’m 7 weeks today!  We told our parents almost 2 weeks ago.  We told my mom and step-dad first because we were on vacation in Lake Tahoe, CA last week and while I’m not a huge drinker anyway, we wanted them to have the heads up.  I casually dropped into a conversation at their house one nice that Gavin is going to be a big brother.

 

Other than our parents (and siblings), I’ve told my best friend Meg and my good friend Ashley.  It’s nice to have some friends know so you can talk about it to someone.

 

The cool thing about Meg is that she’s only 5 weeks ahead of me!

 

 

How far along? 7 Weeks!

 

Sleep? Not the greatest but I can’t tell if it’s due to the time change, the mattress, etc…

 

Maternity Clothes? Nope.

 

Stretch Marks? No new ones.

 

Best Moment this week? Telling my best friend that we’re going to have babies about a month apart!

 

Miss Anything? My medication.  Seriously…. All things considered, I’m doing well without but there are things this time around that I didn’t have to deal with last time.

 

Movement? Nope, not yet.

Size of the Baby? Blueberry

Food Cravings? Not really…. Just overall healthy foods

 

Food Aversions? ‘Fast Food’

 

Morning Sickness? Very light nausea. Could pass for hunger. Maybe it is?

 

Gender? Unknown. But we will find out!

 

Bed Rest? Nope

 

Limitations? Nope

 

Labor Signs? Nope

 

Weight Gain? Goes up and down but balances out.

 

Pregnancy Symptoms? Light nausea, taste and smell are affected, and my dog was smelling my boobs.

Belly Button In or Out? In

 

Wedding Rings On or Off? On

 

Mood? Whiney!

 

Looking Forward To? My first appointment today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment