Friday, September 20, 2013

15 Weeks...I'm not very creative with these...


I know I’m late in writing this.  I had some concerns and I didn’t want to post anything until I felt better.

 

This last week has been a little stressful to say the least.  My worries started last Saturday morning.  I woke up with a headache.  Like a bad yucky headache.  I drank a lot of water, took an early nap, and eventually took some Tylenol.  Nothing worked.  The Tylenol helped a little but didn’t make it go away.  I had this stupid same headache through Monday.  So that was the first thing.  Then, I’m sure since I entered into my second trimester; a lot of symptoms have gone away.  I don’t have to pee as frequently, my boobs aren’t sore any more, and since I’m overweight…it’s not like I have a belly to feel.  Needless to say I was freaking out that something had happened to CJ. 

 

Then I started thinking about all the ‘bad’ things I’d done like eating that medium-rare steak and not taking my pre-natal vitamin every day!  There are other things too that you’re just second guessing everything.  My poor husband kept hearing about it and I think he was a little worried but couldn’t really say ‘everything will be okay’ because, who really knows?! 

 

I had my appointment scheduled for 4:45pm on Wednesday…I had it moved to 12:50pm that day.  I just needed to know sooner rather than later.  Plus, I was nervous if something was wrong that there wouldn’t be anyone else around for a second consultation or an ultrasound tech to take a look, etc.  

 

So I get to my appointment and start telling the nurse my concerns.  As I’m saying these things, I start to realize they’re all ‘normal’ and I’m overacting.  I knew then there was probably nothing to it but still I had to ask.

 

Things got a lot better once we were in the room talking to the midwife.  She answered my questions and made me feel a lot better about things.  To top it off, she found CJ’s heartbeat right away, 130 BPM. 

 

I asked a lot of questions too regarding how the midwives handle things.  I told her my concerns and unhappiness with the episiotomy I had with Crinks.  She said that shouldn’t have been done without my consent, or knowledge and that they would not do that, even in emergency.  I would at least be informed. 

 

It also sounded like the midwives are in the room a lot more with you too while you’re in labor.  I told her I wanted to go natural this time and she said they would definitely be there more to help support me.  I was thankful to hear that…overall the fact that I insisted on the midwives was confirmed to be a good call!  They are just a much better fit on what I want this time around with a birth.

 

I’m not a hard-core ‘crunchy’ mama but I also don’t believe in intervention when not necessary.  I know the relief an epidural gives and I’m still going to go natural this time around…. Wish me luck! ;)

 

 

 

How far along? 15 weeks

Sleep? Good.  I’ve been exhausted at the end of the day so I only get up to pee once a night if that.

Maternity Clothes? Yes.  I feel so much better in them as they flatter me. 

Stretch Marks? No new ones.

Best Moment this week? Hearing CJ’s heartbeat, confirmation that he/she is doing well in there!

Miss Anything? Not really…

Movement? I think maybe.  I’ll be feeling more in the next couple weeks though.

Size of the Baby? About 4 inches!  Hard to believe CJ is that big already. 

Food Cravings? WINGS!  Holy cow…wings!  Mainly the parmesan garlic and the sweet BBQ sauces from Bdubs.  I tried to make a healthier version and put the sauce on some roasted chicken.  Good, but not the same.

Food Aversions? Not any one thing but every once in a while the Bage makes something and I can’t kiss him.

Morning Sickness? No

Gender? Unknown for now.  The ultrasound is scheduled for October 16th!  I’m so excited J

Bed Rest? Nope

Limitations? Nope

Labor Signs? Nope

Weight Gain? I’ve gained about 9ish pounds…where the Hell did that come from?  I am altering my diet starting now!  I was doing well with the diet thing but we need to be better about getting to the grocery store.

Pregnancy Symptoms? Tired but not too much else…hungry.

Belly Button In or Out? In

Wedding Rings On or Off? On.

Mood? Good!

Looking Forward To? The weekend, going shopping and getting some maternity pants.  The Targets I’ve gone too don’t seem to have any work style maternity pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment