Tuesday, November 13, 2012

There's Nothin' Happening...

Here.

Don't you just love the creative and energetic post titles I come up with?  I thought so. 

So yeah, nothing special going on right now.  My stepdad came over last Saturday and helped hang our Ikea entertainment shelves.  It's starting to look like a living room!  Now if only I could get matching furniture :p 

It's just so hard to justify right now when what we have works fine and the people that would see it wouldn't care (or shouldn't) so why spend a couple thousand on some furniture just so it matched?  Maybe down the road.  We're working on becoming debt free!!  Seriously, it's still a couple years away but in the grand scheme of things, that's nothing.  And when I say "debt free" I mean, the only thing we will be owing money to will be our house.  But I really don't count a mortgage because that much money doesn't really exist! hahahah

But seriously, I know that is so far off that I just can't even thing of that amount.  Anyway, we're doing everything we can to throw extra money towards the two loans we do have left.  We're under $20,000 now!  It's exciting stuff. 

The thing is, I'm kind of getting that itch again.  The itch to have a baby!!!!  It was like a light switch.  I mean, several days ago I was like, eh that's not happening any time soon!  Then the other day I was just like this needs to happen!  But alas, it won't be happening for some time now.  I don't think we're going to start trying until next year, about a year from now.  And no, life isn't all about money but given that we just moved, I think it would be wisest to get what we can in order to see what we're working with.

And whereas I like the idea of staying at home for a little bit, I just can't see that happening.  I like working, and earning money.  Based on my salary it makes no sense for me not to work.  Even with two kids in daycare.  Oh well.  Maybe once they're out of day care and in school it would be an option.  But as previously mentioned, I can't ever see that happening.

I do like the idea of being able to stay home, work on food and clean the house.  It's not so much that I want the "barefoot in the kitchen" thing going on but rather, I enjoy that stuff.  I just don't enjoy it after I've worked an 8 hour day and have been in my car commuting for another hour on top of that.  Everything is just so rushed. 

We've made steps on cleaning stuff up as we go so it's not like this huge mess at any one time but it still has to be done.

Okay, I need to pee.  I've been drinking a ton of water today!

Pace,
Meggie Sue





No comments:

Post a Comment