Friday, November 2, 2012

Ya Know....I'm here


So I’m kind of grump-a-licious today.  I’m just not feeling the whole, “work” thing.  My agents are asking me stupid questions too which works a nerve.  I feel like the day should be over but I still have 1.5 hours left.  Mehhh, that was me whining.  Okay, enough of that.

So we bought a house a couple months ago.  Did I mention that?  I know I said we were going to sell our house but then life got crazy, literally, and I didn’t have time for anything, not even myself.  The Bage got sick, he was diagnosed with Gillain-Berre Syndrom.  Long story short, he had to go to the hospital, he lost feeling in his legs, groin, hands and arms, and partial face paralysis.  It scared me.  On the bright side, we think it was diagnosed and treated before it got awful so he recovered relatively quickly.  He was in the hospital for a week getting treatments and such, then he went to inpatient physical therapy.  He lost like 20 pounds in 2 weeks!  But now he’s 100%! 

I honestly don’t even know what was going on in my mind at the time.  I seriously didn’t have a second to think of myself.  The first week Paul was in the hospital, I took off work.  I was with him for the majority of the time unless I had to get Crinks.  That next week I did go back to work.  If anything, work was the brake I needed.

My husband’s mother stayed with us for a month.  It was very bittersweet.  I guess more like rottenmeatsweet.  At first it was nice, I had someone to help watch Crinks when he wasn’t at daycare.  But omg, the lady doesn’t shut up.  Seriously.  Not only did I never have the house to myself, but I had to share it with my in-laws without my husband as a buffer.  I tried really hard to be nice and smiley but it really wore off near the end.  I think she just can’t stand silence.  I’d be sitting there on the computer or trying to read or trying to read on the computer and she’s all blah blah blah.  Whatever. 

Anyway, so we got a new house and sold our old one.  Our old house sold within 5 weeks of being on the market.  We really just broke even on all of it.  Even though we took a bit of a loss … in the long run I really think it’s for the best.  We found a house we really like in a location we LOVE.  So yeah, the mortgage went up by 50% but we’ll make it work.  We still have about $1,000 of savings a month (technically…if I don’t spend it at Target :) ).  It was built in 1982, so a little older.  On the one hand, I would have loved to build something.  But to build something in the area that we wanted, the houses started at $300,000 and even though we could probably afford it, I really don’t want or need to be in a house that big.  I’m all about living comfortably but not taking more than you need. 

We keep our other expenses down really low to.  I’m constantly looking for ways to ‘trim the fat’.  Not only on myself but in our bills as well.  We don’t have iPhones, which means we don’t spend the $1,000 minimum per year it would cost to own one, we don’t have cable, and we use coupons for a lot of stuff.  Though, I recently read a blog where the writer and her family have what’s called a ‘No-spend’ month.  The Bage and I wanted to try this.  With the medical bills coming in (and sadly being paid) and Christmas coming up, we need to break the habit of the little spending we *cough* I *cough* *cough* do on a weekly and daily basis.  Here are a couple things we’re focusing on:

1)      Make ONE trip to the store a week. 

2)      List errands and run them all at one time

3)      Rawwwwrrr

4)      Don’t spend money

I really think number 4 is going to be the hardest but I really think we can make it. 

 

AHHHHH, this post is a true reflection of me today.  I seriously can’t keep a thought straight in my head for more than one thought.

Alright, that’s it for me.

Pace,

Meggie Sue

 

P.S. I’ve lost weight since the last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment