Thursday, March 8, 2012

My daily battle with Sleepiness has caught up with my wallet...


    So I’m totally going to boo-hoo for a second here and then be done.  I had a sleep study done several weeks ago because guess what?  I couldn’t sleep!  I haven’t been sleeping for years now.  Anyway, finally had one done.  When I called the pre-registration services I asked how much it would be, $250 is what he told me.  Okay, it’s pricey but I can handle that, especially if it means a) I get some sleep and b) I can lessen my depression (yes, I have depression, we can discuss that later).  Well today I call my health insurance again to see how much a test that I’m supposed to take today would cost.  She tells me since I’m almost at my max out-of-pocket limit for the year that it would only cost me $117.  Hold on, there is no way I’ve dropped almost $1,000 so far this YEAR on medical things… come to find out, that $250 bill I thought I was going to get turns out to be $650!!!!!  I would have thought twice and again before getting this done if I’d known that.  Needless to say I was/am rather upset at the stupid idiot who told me the incorrect information.  But what can I do?  Not a whole damn lot.
    So originally, I was debating on whether to even continue with the testing and equipment.  Now I’m debating if I should just take advantage of the fact that I only have to spend $117 on myself for medical stuff for the rest of the year!  I mean, I’d look pretty hot sleeping in one of these…


there’s no way my husband can resist me now ;).

    But seriously it’s depressing.  It’s not a difference of $5 and $10.  It’s $400.  Wth. 
On the bright side, I’m alive today.  I guess that is something to be excited about.  I need to step up my weight loss a notch here.  No more sugar!!!!  Yeah, we’ll see how far that gets me!

I have to think about it though... maybe I'll just invest in a lifetime supply of Tylenol PM.

Pace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment