Friday, March 16, 2012

When Very Bad Things Happen to Good People...

    When bad, very bad things happen to good people. I don’t know how to deal with many things, embarrassment, stupidity, and things that don’t happen exactly when I want them too. The things I REALLY don’t know how to deal with, death, impending death, sickness (the bad kind). I admit, I go into a denial. In my defense, it’s the only way to get by without looking at someone and breaking down in tears.

     Now, it’s not 100% yet but we’re pretty sure that Sandy (my son’s daycare provider) has cancer of the liver. I don’t know what level it is or even if it’s metastasized. All I know is that she has some ‘questionable spots’ from a CT scan she had done earlier this week.  I was able to cope until this morning. The Bage had talked to her after dropping Crinks off and it definitely sounds like she is preparing for the worst.
 
     Being the person I am and the need for understanding and knowledge, I decided to do some research. Bad idea. Apparently in one of the best case scenarios the survival rate past 5 y ears is 30%. I know Sandy is such a strong woman and has so much to live for so I truly believe she can be one of the 30%. I don’t pray, I’m not very religious but I will pray for her. I want to believe in God and everything but I have a hard time with it. If you do believe in God or any other higher being, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

 Pace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment