Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Job, Job, go away ....

I really shouldn't say that.  It makes me sound ungrateful for the job I do have.  Well trust me, I'm not ungrateful by any means... you'll see what I mean below.

I feel like I'm starting to get bored with my job.  I don't know if it's just me but I feel like after a year and a half (at any job), I get antsy.  I'm not sure if I'm just so intelligent (insert laughter here) that I get bored and need more of a challenge or if I'm just so dumb that what I'm doing is too challenging and I don't want to be held fully responsible for my actions once out of the training period.  Regardless, I'm bored.

The problem now is, I have responsibility.  I know I know, it sucks.  Well kind of.  I mean, my responsibilities are keeping my Crinkle alive (an awesome responsibility) as well as maintaining a house ... which again awesome.  They're awesome in that I am fortunate enough to be able to have both of those things (and more).  Anyway, I can't just up and leave my job like that. 

The Bage has interviewed and has a good shot at getting a promotion here in the next week.  With that comes a significant pay raise.  I could now stay at home if I wanted to.  It's tempting, yes, but I keep asking myself is that in the best interest of everyone?

Pros:

Less stress - (except for the days that the Crinks stresses me out)
No deadlines and set "working hours"
Spend more time with the Crinks
Take care of the house during the day and get food prepped at night so we have more family time when The Bage does get home
Reduction of expenses (gas, going out to eat, work clothes, etc)
More flexibility on chosing a work place when I do decide to return to work
Freedom to enter Masters program full-time

Cons:

No extra $
Takes the Crinks away from his friends and experiences at daycare
Takes me out of the work place for some time which could be negative in the future
Reduced paid benefits (401k, great medical insurance, paid vacation, etc)
Tighter finances (I guess that goes along with "No extra $")
Would need to pay for masters ourselves or wait a while if I wanted to continue doing it
No continueing insurance education and getting trip to Hawaii
More stress with coordinating things with Crinks

So really, not only are there more "Pros" but they are richer in the quality so to speak of their being.  That sounds really weird.  Another way to put would to be to say that the "Cons" are shallow reasons, money and benefit-based.  Not that they're not good reasons but what would really help direct me to a more positive love-filled life?  It's hard to say, I don't handle money stress well, I also worry a lot about the future so the money concerns are strong.  Things also work out well as they are now ... sigh so much to think about.  Well, as with most things in life, when it's time to make a move, I'll know.

I'm not one of those people that just sits around and waits for things to come to me but I do wait for a good opportunity.

Like, now, this is a good opportunity to stop writing and START WORKING!  (booooo )

Pace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment