Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Really Pinterest People?

When I first got on Pinterest at the end of 2010 (I think it was around then...that seems so long ago!)..anyway, when I got on Pinterest I was hooked, addicted, not allowed to use my computer if I had to do something in the next couple hours.  I would spend hours and hours scrolling and pinning and scrolling.  I loved it. 

I still love it, but not as much.  I don't even think it's that the novelty has worn off, I just think the user crowd has changed.  I know the purpose of Pinterest is to create a visual organizer for ideas and inspiration.  But I feel like everything I see are wedding ideas, baby nurseries, fashion.  And sure, you want some ideas (I know I've pinned one or two nurseries) but it's just gotten out of control!!  I see all these hair and nail ideas, and every single time I think, who the fuck cares?!  Why are these things so prevalent?  Whatever happened to unique, quirky, original? 

Sorry for the rant but I was just on Pinterest and couldn't help but think about that.  I know if it frustrates me so much I should pick certain categories, etc.  Oh well.... I'll get over it.

Pace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment