Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year...

...New Me.  Well, not really.  I can't say that I have any resolutions this year.  I really didn't state a resolution last year.  I think the unstated one was that I was going to lose weight and eat healthy.   I'd say I managed that fairly well. 

After a slow start in the begining of the year working out at lunch time at my office gym... I picked up the pace in July when I saw a Groupon for a local studio.  Hyde Park Body Boutique.  I seriously owe so much of my success to the ladies there.  Candice (the owner) and Amber in particular!  Without Candice's meal plans to help give me a better idea on what "eating healthy" really is, it would have been much harder.  Not to sound like a drone or anything here but for me, it helps when someone tells me what I'm going to eat.  Amber runs the boot camp classes I go to three days a week (sometimes 4 if I'm lucky!). 

HPBB is a smaller studio located in Hyde Park, Cincinnati, OH.  It's all women and the class sizes are small.  I've really felt comfortable there (even at my weight of 265lbs when I started), never judged.  And soon, as time when on, I felt like I couldn't just skip a class.  Because the classes are small, even though I know no one was judging me, I felt like I had to be there.  The classes are different every day....so no boring routines.  If it's nice out, we run out side a little even.  I hate running so luckily we don't usually do that.  But there is always a wide variety of things to do to work every part of your body. 

Since starting there in July, I've lost about 25lbs!  It's so hard to believe.  It's incredible the difference I feel ... just stronger, healthier, empowered.  Anyway, if you're from the Cincinnati area you NEED to go there.  It's a little pricier than other gyms but Candice will sometimes have sales on classes or a Groupon.  It's worth it though. 

A side note, HPBB recently won a small business contest where they received money to expand the studio by purchasing spin bicycles.  It's growing and there is lots of love :)


What else .... no other resolutions I guess.  Just continue to live and love life.  Maybe work on a few of my "30 before 30" things.... I've got about 2.5 years.  OH MY GOD.  Seriously.... 2.5 years and I'll be 30.  I might have a tiney meltdown on that birthday. 

Alright, back to being all sickly and working.  BOOOOOOoooooo

Pace,
Meggie Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment