Monday, April 2, 2012

A Day of Updates


Day 3.  Wait, but what about days 1 and 2?  And what are we even talking about?!  Yeah well, it was over the weekend when I started this so I didn’t write anything about it on here.  I don’t blog at home, remember?  Maybe one day I’ll start.  Mainly just because I need to get some photos up on here and I don’t really have many at work.

So, day 3 of me trying to STOP BITING MY CUTICLES!  I’m doing pretty well too!  I haven’t put anything on them and have just been trying to be really conscious about it.  Yes, they creep to my mouth still but that will take time.  The main thing is, when I notice it, I force myself to put my hand down.  I don’t beat myself up over it.  Also, if there is a hang nail or whatever, I pick it off with my fingers or use a nail clipper.  Yes, that is still peeling skin off but a) it’s not biting and b) I don’t take nearly as much off in such a compulsive manner.  There were times I’d bite even though there was nothing to bite and my skin was raw and sometimes bleeding. 

So yeah, I’m pretty proud of myself for the will power and progress I’ve made so far.

Update #1…weight loss!  I’m down about 9lbs right now!  This is from January when I really started to diet and exercise and keep track.  My son was born in August and whereas I did work out and *try* to eat healthy, it wasn’t the big effort I should have been making.  Here are the stats so far:

Starting weight: (after Gavin was born and water weight lost): 277lbs!
Current weight: 266lbs
Goal weight: 230lbs
Ultimate goal weight: 170lbs

Yeah, I weigh A LOT but let me just say something, I can’t remember ever being below 170 and being healthy.  I remember weighing about 160lbs at one point and my hip bones were jutting out.  Not anorexic looking but not healthy looking either.  Anyway, I’m a heavier girl but I’m also very muscular.  I’m in no way justifying what I weight right now but I’m explaining why my ultimate goal weight is higher than what most people would think is ‘healthy’.

I’ve hit speed bumps here and there (who hasn’t) but the main thing is, I’ve been making much healthier decisions, indulging from time to time, and taking it easy.  I realize 100lbs isn’t going to come off right away but it is coming off! 

I want to weigh at LEAST 230 by the time I get pregnant again which I’m thinking/hoping will be at the end of this year or Spring of next maybe so that definitely gives me some time to work hard. 
I’ll have to find some pictures.


In other fun news, Crinks is getting his first tooth in!  I think he looks super cute without teeth but they have to come in eventually.  It does make him a little cranky to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment